2 medium zucchinis
olive oil to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 Tbsp fresh basil, finely sliced
salt, to taste
1 cup marinara sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Cut off the end of each zucchini then, using a vegetable peeler, peel each zucchini into wide strips.
- Transfer the zucchini strips to a plate then layer two strips vertically and two strips horizontally to make a cross. Repeat process with remaining strips.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil then garlic and sauté for 30-60 seconds.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, until wilted down.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the spinach and garlic. Add the ricotta, basil, salt and pepper Mix until well combined.
- Using a spoon or cook scoop, scoop approximately 1 Tbsp of the mixture and place in the middle of each zucchini noodle cross.
- Fold each side to seal the ricotta mixture then flip over the ravioli so the seam side is on the bottom.
- Pour the marinara sauce in a baking dish and spread over the bottom.
- Evenly place the zucchini raviolis then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with fresh basil.